- Windows 11 offers many options for changing the appearance of your system. However, you cannot personalize your taskbar look. There aren’t any options to make your taskbar more appealing than changing the color or turning off transparency.
- Any third-party app can make Windows 11’s transparent taskbar. This article will demonstrate how to make your taskbar transparent.
Method 1 (Using System Settings)
You can enable transparency using System settings. Follow these steps:
1. Open personalization settings are the first. This can be done in two ways:
- Right-click anywhere on the Desktop. Next, click on Personalize.
- Press Windows Key+I to open settings. Next, click Personalization.
2. When the Personalization window will open, use the left-side panel to switch to the “Colors” tab.
3. Scroll down until “Transparency effects” appears. This toggle allows transparency to be enabled on your system. It affects the taskbar and Start menu as well as specific windows and panels.
Although you can choose an accent color that matches your wallpaper, it will not make your taskbar fully transparent.
Method 2 (Using visual effects)
1. Press Windows Key + I to open settings.
2. Navigate to Accessibility.
3. Then, click Visual Effects.
4. Next, toggle on Transparency effects.
This won’t make your taskbar fully transparent. Let’s now move on to the next Method.
Method 3 (Using Registry Editor).
1. Type Registry Editor in the search bar.Then, Click on Registry editor.
2. Navigate to:
3. Right-click the white area in the right-side pane and select New >DWORD (32-bits) Value.
4. Rename the newly created value to: Use OLED Taskbar Transparency by right-clicking on it and choosing Rename.
5. Right-click and select Modify to change the value between 0 and 1.
6. To save your settings, click on OK.
After completing the above steps, the transparency level of the Windows 11 Taskbar will increase.
Method 4(Using TranslucentTB)
What is TranslucentTB?
TranslucentTB gives you complete control over your taskbar. This app allows you to change the appearance of your taskbar. You can change the color or make the taskbar transparent. You can customize the taskbar with this app.
Follow these steps to make your Taskbar transparent using TranslucentTB
1. Open Microsoft Store.
2. Next, look for TranslucentTB and then install it.
3. After the installation is completed, click “Open” to launch the program. The icon should be displayed in the system tray as a tray icon. You can customize your settings by right-clicking the icon.
4. Select the transparency setting you prefer.
TranslucentTB, a UWP free app, allows you to make your taskbar transparent. It’s easy to install on Windows 10/11 and it will make the taskbar transparent. TranslucentTB’s default settings are sufficient for most users. However, you can customize the Taskbar by going to the system tray and accessing it further. You can choose Ascent Color to make Taskbar transparent, normal, opaque blurry, blurred, and fluent.
Method 5 (Using TaskbarX)
TaskbarX is a third party software, it also allows you to modify your taskbar including making the taskbar transparent.
1. First, navigate to https://chrisandriessen.nl/taskbarx.
2. Scroll down and click Portable Zip x86, Portable Zip x64, or Portable Zip neutral depending on the compatibility of your computer. Your download will now begin.
3 After downloading “TaskbarX”, unzip it into a folder.
4. Run “Taskbar X Configurator.exe” to configure the taskbar appearance.
5. Click on the Style tab in the left pane to make Windows 11/10 Taskbar transparent. Select the radio button marked Transparent under the Style section. Click on the Apply button.
After you have completed the above steps, Windows 11/10 Taskbar becomes fully transparent.
The Style tab allows you to set the transparency style and opacity. You can also center the taskbar buttons using the Position tab.
If you want to automatically hide the taskbar or enable Taskbar across multiple desktops, we have written post on How to hide taskbar and enable Taskbar in Multiple Screens in Windows 11.