Windows 11 comes with many fonts. However, there are several options for those who dislike the Arial, Georgia, and Times New Roman fonts. Downloading external fonts is especially useful for
- Developers who spend much time looking at a text.
- Graphic designers who feel a piece requires more pizazz than Verdana can provide.
- Writers who have experimented with different fonts as a productive way to get work done.
In this article I will demonstrate to Install fonts on Windows 11 and 10 through the Microsoft Store, Settings, or File Explorer.
Microsoft Store font installation
Because it is straightforward, the Microsoft Store is the best way to install new fonts on Windows 11. Here is how to install fonts in Windows 11 via Microsoft Store.
1. Launch the Microsoft Store.
2. In the top search bar, type “Fonts” in the search box. You will see a results menu. “Fonts” should be the first result. Click on it.
3. Click on the “Explore new fonts” button.
4. Select a font that is interesting to you.
5. Click on the “Free” button.
6. Click on the GET button to download the font.
You should be able to use the font you have chosen once the “GET” button switches to “Open.” You can’t preview the font by clicking on the “Open” button. This button opens the Settings app’s Personalization section. You can search for the font you have downloaded.
How do I install fonts in Windows 11 using Google fonts?
You will need to download TrueType, OpenType, or PostScript files to install fonts via Settings. Many sites offer free fonts. Many fonts are user-created. Professionally designed fonts can also be found on various marketplaces. Google Fonts is one the best.
1. Search Google fonts in Chrome Browser.
2. Then, navigate to https://fonts.google.com/.
Click on the font you are interested in.
3. Click on “Download family.”
4. Locate the folder in which you have downloaded your font.
5. Navigate to Settings’ Personalization page. This can be done by right-clicking on the Desktop and choosing “Personalize” from the menu.
6. Choose the “Fonts” option.
7. Drag the font files you have downloaded to the Desktop, then drag them to the appropriate box under Settings.
That’s all! You should now be able to select the font that you downloaded. You can safely remove the downloaded file from your computer. Windows stores the fonts it has installed in a separate folder, so they are always available.
How to install font in Windows 11 using File Explorer
The File Explorer installation of fonts is similar to the Settings installation. However, it requires more right-clicking than dragging and dropping files across multiple window windows. Let’s get started.
1. To download a font, follow the three steps in the previous steps.
2. Locate the font you have downloaded.
3. User can decompress the archive and extract the font from a ZIP file by right-clicking it and choosing “Extract all …” from the menu.
4. Choose the files that you require.
5. Right-click on the files that you have selected, then click ‘Show More Options‘
6. From the menu, choose ‘Install‘ or “Install for all Users”