- It’s easy to transfer files via LAN cable.
- It is seamless with both computers connected to the same network.
- Software’s from third parties are also available. There is no data loss during any of these processes.
People are still looking for ways to upgrade their systems to take advantage of Work from Home (WFH). Moving the data from an old PC to a new one is also part of buying a new computer. This will ensure that there are no problems with the machine when it is used.
This is the fastest and easiest way to transfer data. This is a good option for Windows 7/8/10, and it’s easy to complete.
There are many ways to accomplish this task. Here are the most popular methods using an Ethernet cable.
Guide to transfer files via Ethernet cable from one PC to another
- An Ethernet Cable connects both the PC and the laptop.
- Next, open Control Panel on both PCs. Look for the ‘Network & Internet option. To access the ‘Change Advanced Sharing Settings’ option, the user will need to open ‘Network and Sharing Centre.
- To proceed with the process, the user must now perform the following settings.
- “Turn On Network Discovery,” “Turn On File and Printer Sharing,” “Turn Off Password Protected Sharing.”
- A password sharing feature that is disabled can pose a privacy risk. Once the process is complete, the user must enable it again.
- Next, select the file/folder you wish to transfer from the source computer.
- Right-click on the file/folder you wish to share and select the “Share with” option from the dropdown menu.
- The user will now need to select the option of “Specific people.” The user will then be presented with another option, in which they must choose ‘Everyone.
- The process is now complete. Now, the user can access the secondary computer by pressing the shortcut key combination “Win+E” and then open the windows file explorer.
- Open the “Network” option from the menu to the left. If prompted, choose the source computer and type the password.
- This will allow the user to access files that were shared from the computer without any further problems.
Advanced methods for transferring files to computers within the same network
There are many other ways to transfer data between computers on the same network. These methods are fast and easy to use. This is one of the few methods the user can use to save time and get the job done quickly.
- Download and launch AOMEI Back upper from the source computer. Select ‘Basic Sync” under the sync option.
- Select the files/folders you want to share with the other computer from the sync menu.
- A pop-up window will open and allow you to choose to ‘Add Share/NAS devices.’
- Here, the user will need to enter the IP address for the source computer. If prompted, the system might ask you for your username and password.
- After you have selected the files, click the “Sync Now” button.
- After completing this process successfully, the user will access the shared files or folders on the secondary machine as described in the previous method.
To transfer files between computers using a LAN cable, you can follow these steps. This will ensure that there are no unforeseen issues during the whole process. If you want to experience the other method, it is also possible.