With time, SD card use has been limited because a massive number of companies have abandoned the SD card slots from their device. As a result of which a small population of SD card users is left behind. This article is for those leftover users to whom an SD card means a lot as they save all the information. We are here with the complete guide to fix the corrupted SD card and resolve your issue.
Before moving further, first, ensure again that the card is damaged. So we will discuss the common signs that indicate that your SD card is damaged.
- Your device is not recognizing your SD card.
- You will be unable to read the files present on the SD card.
- Missing files or media.
- Error message like check your SD card before inserting it is displayed on your screen.
- Device will show you an error while reading the SD card.
- Speed of reading and writing the SD card will gradually decrease, becoming very slow and unusable.
Procedure to fix the corrupted SD card
1.Try the SD card on another device
It is considered one of the simple, or you can say, the hit and trial method to fix the corrupted SD card. Just insert it on any other device like laptop, phone, camera, etc.; if it usually works in the other device, it indicates that the SD card is incompatible with your device. So now you have to backup all the files on your laptop or pc then again insert the SD card into your phone. Do not forget to restart your device before inserting the SD card into it again. Hopefully, this will fix the issue. If not, try another method.
2.format your corrupted SD card
Formatting the SD card means all the data present on the card will be lost. So always have the backup of the files of the SD card. This method is well known for fixing the corrupted SD card issue. To format your SD card, go through the following steps.
- Navigate to the settings of your android device
- Look for the storage/memory tab and find the SD card on it.
- If the format SD card option is available, tap on it. if this option is not available, click on the three dots at the top right .here you will get the required option.
- Now click on the format SD card option.
- Tap on the okay/erase and format option present in the confirmation dialog box that appears on your screen.
3.Opt for an SD card repair solution.
There are many apps present on your play store, and if you have pc then on the internet, that allows you to repair your SD card very efficiently. I prefer the most trusted option to improve your sd card.