Internet is an integral part of our lives now. We can connect to others, get relevant information, play games online, and it is all due to Internet access. So, it isn’t very pleasant to see the “Internet Access Blocked” message on Browsers. There may be several reasons behind it:
- Malware: It is possible that the file you downloaded from the internet or the software you recently installed, the infected USB you used, contain malware or viruses which may have changed the browser or network settings.
- Firewall: A firewall sometimes blocks Internet Access to secure your PC from getting harmed by Suspicious Websites.
- Network Drivers: Using old Network Drivers can also cause this issue.
- Alteration in Network Settings: If you have recently changed network settings might have caused some issues due to which you are getting this Internet Access Blocked message.
How to use Network and Internet Troubleshooter?
You can know what is causing this issue using Network and Internet Troubleshooter.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot using Network Troubleshooter:
1. Press “Windows Logo Key + S” to open the Search bar and type Firewall. Now, click on Firewall and Network Protection.
2. Now click on Network and Internet Troubleshooter.
3. Click on Other Troubleshooters.
4. Next, Click on Run at the right end of Internet Connections.
5. Internet Connection Troubleshooter Window will pop up asking, “Please select the issue Windows should Troubleshoot” select the first option saying “Troubleshoot my connection to the Internet“. Wait for a few seconds until it identifies the problem.
Recently I got this issue, and I tried everything Google had to say, but none of that worked. Finally, after much effort, I got two ways to fix this issue and thought, why not write an article, so you guys don’t have to waste much time finding a solution to this problem.
Method 1: (using firewall)
A firewall sometimes blocks the Internet connection to protect your device from suspicious websites trying to harm your PC. I will show you how you can re-establish your internet connection using Firewall.
Follow these steps:
1. Press Windows Logo Key + S to open Search Bar. Search for Windows Defender Firewall. Then, click on Windows Defender Firewall.
2. Now, click on Advanced Settings.
3. Click on Outbound Rules. If your Firewall is blocking your Internet access, you will see an Outbound rule saying Internet access is blocked.
4. Right-Click on it and click on properties.
5. Next, click the checkbox of Allow the connection.
If this method doesn’t work, the method I am about to tell you is a bit risky.
Method 2: (Network Reset)
Network Reset will first uninstall and then reinstall all the Network Adapters in your PC, and Network Reset will restore all the network settings you have altered to its Default Settings. Also, all your Network passwords and saved networks will be forgotten. But this method will fix your Internet Access issue. Follow these steps Reset Network:
1. Press Windows Logo key + I to open settings.
2. Click on Network & Internet. Next, click Advanced Network Settings.
3. Click on Network Reset.
4. Then, Click Reset Now.
I hope this article helps. If you are facing any issues related to Windows 11, drop a comment below. It will be a pleasure to help you.