- Windows Subsystem allows your Operating System to run Android apps that are available from the Amazon Appstore.
- You may also download and install android apps from third party websites. However, it is risky and troublesome to download it like this.
- Those Android apps wouldn’t run which require Google Play Services because Windows Subsystem doesn’t support Google Play Store,
- The best option here is to downlead Google Play store itself. We will see further in this how to install Google Play Store.
How do I install Google Play Store on Windows 11?
As we have already explained, you can sideload Android apps and run them on Windows 11. It is not easy to find APKs and install them via Command Prompt.
Let me now show you how I installed Google Play on Windows 11. Before I begin, I’d like to say that the process I’m about to describe involves installing third-party modified files and packages. This can pose potential risks. So, make sure to create a Windows 11 restore point or a recovery disk. Now let’s begin:
Step 1: Disable the Android Subsystem for Android
I have told you in the intro part that Windows Subsystem doesn’t support Google Play Store. So, we will remove Windows Subsystem from our system. You can uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android from the Apps & Features section if you have it installed. To remove Window Subsystem from android:
1. Press Win + I to open the Settings.
2. Click the Apps tab in the left pane.
3. Next, click Apps & features.
4. Locate and Click on Windows Subsystem Android in the App List.
5. Select Uninstall by clicking the three dots. To confirm, click Uninstall again.
Step 2: Turn on Developer Mode
Developer Mode allows for sideloading apps and other developer features. Remote installation via SSH is possible.
To enable Developer Mode:
1. Press Win + I to open the Settings.
2. Open the Privacy and Security tab.
3. Click on For Developers in the right pane.
4. Toggle on the Developer Mode by turning the switch. To confirm, click Yes.
Step 3: Allow Virtual Machine to Run Android Applications
You will need virtual machine to run android operating system. So, you have to turn on hardware virtualization. User an turn on this feature by navigating to Task Manager. Then, got to Performance. Now, make sue hardware virtualization is turned on.
You will need to configure Virtual Machine Platform or Windows Hypervisor Platform in order to run Windows Subsystem For Android under Windows 11. You can skip this step if you already have WSA installed. Configure the Virtual Machine
1. To open the Start Menu, press the Windows logo key.
2. Type Windows features on the search bar, then, click on Turn Windows Features on or off on the search results.
3. From the Windows Features window, select Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform.
4. Save your changes by clicking OK. Windows will install the selected features. Restart your PC or laptop to apply the changes.
Step 4: Download the Integrated Windows Subsystem to Android Package
You can download the modified WSA installer from a GitHub repository. This is how it works.
1. Sign in to your GitHub account and visit the MagiskOnWSA repository. Register for an account if you don’t have one.[/box]
2. Next, on the top-right corner of your GitHub page, you will see the Fork button. Click on it. Wait for the Forked menu to appear.[/box]
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]3. Click on the Actions tab.[/box]
4. Click I understand my workflows, go ahead and enable them if you notice that the Workflows are not being run on this repository prompt.
5. Click on Build WSA/Magisk under the All workflow tab in the Actions tab.
6. In the right pane, click on Run workflow.
7. A link to download the magisk APK will be displayed in the pop-up.
8. Next, enter pico under Variants for GApps. If you’re an expert, you can choose from other versions.
9. Click on the Run workflow button. The process can take a few minutes.
10. Now, You will receive a green checkmark that indicates the task has been completed.
11. Next, Click on the completed Build WSA.
12. Scroll down to Artifacts. You will see both the ARM version and the X64 version.
13. Click on the Magisk GApps link (ARM, or X64 depending on your CPU). It may take some time depending on how fast your Internet is to download the package.
Step 5: Install Google Play Store
Once you have downloaded the file, follow these steps to install Google Play Store on Windows 11.
1. Right-click on the downloaded zip folder (WSA-with-magisk-GApps-pico_1.8.32828.0_x64_Release-Nightly) and select Extract. Choose a location where you want to extract the content.
2. Open the WSA folder.
3. Find the Install.ps1 File.
4. Right-click on the file and select Run with PowerShell.
5. Click Open to confirm the action. PowerShell will execute the script, and display the message.
7. To allow Windows Subsystem for Android packages to connect to your network, click on Allow Access for Windows Security Alert.
8. Once you are done, press Win+S to open the Windows search box.
9. Search for Windows Subsystem Android.
10. Make sure that the Developer Mode is turned on.
11. To restart the subsystem, click on Manage Developer Settings in Developer Mode.
12. Click Allow/Yes if Windows Firewall Window appears.
13. To see the Play Store icon, click on Start.
14. Register to Google Play Store. Log in to Google Play Store to perform routine tasks, such as contact sync or other tasks.
15. Android apps for Windows 11 can be downloaded now via Google Play Store. Some apps may not work because of licensing restrictions or restrictions by region.