- Mouse acceleration is a feature in which the movement of the mouse cursor accelerates as you speed up the movement of the mouse.
- The mouse acceleration gets you to the target quicker then expected also it increases the chances of missing the target. This can be frustrating for gamers who depends on precision and accuracy.
Should you disable your mouse Acceleration in Windows 11?
- Each shooter game requires accurate aim, which requires precise mouse movement. The accuracy of your mouse movements will determine how well you perform in these games. For that reason, the variables such as mouse acceleration, and sensitivity should be precise.
- You need to use your precise mouse movement to aim in shooter games like PUBG and call of duty. Gamers who have played these games over time develop muscle memory to improve their pointing speed and movements. Many pro players miss shots because of mouse acceleration.
- While mouse acceleration is sometimes useful, it can also slow down the performance of your gaming. This article will show you how to disable mouse acceleration.
How many types of Mouse Accelerations are there?
There are primarily two types of mouse acceleration. We will discuss them both here.
- Positive Mouse Acceleration: In this type of mouse acceleration, the mouse cursor movement becomes faster as the we rapidly increase the distance of the mouse.
- Negative Mouse Acceleration: As the name suggests it works almost opposite to positive mouse acceleration. Mouse cursor movement decreases as we speed up the mouse movement. Users mostly prefer the former.
How to turn off mouse acceleration in windows 11?
- Click the Start button and then click on Settings
2. Click “Bluetooth & Devices” and then click on “Mouse.”
3. Click “Additional mouse Settings.”
4. In the Mouse Properties dialog box, click “Pointer Options.”
5. Clear the “Enhance pointer precision” checkbox.
6. Turn off Enhance pointer precision to disable mouse acceleration.
7. Then Click on “Apply“.