- You can store your necessary files on many platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box. But Windows 11 is integrated with OneDrive which helps you store your data on Microsoft servers.
- You can easily access your files from anywhere, at any time with any device. You just have to create a Microsoft account and set up your OneDrive. We will see how to do that further in this article.
- The Basic program provides 5GB of storage free of cost. However, you will get 100GB of storage in OneDrive cloud storage if you are at the will to spend 1.99$/month.
- Microsoft 365 personal subscriptions will provide 1TB of cloud storage for $6.99/month and $9.99/month for Microsoft family subscriptions.
- We will now see how to set up OneDrive on your PC.
If you don’t currently have an account signed in to OneDrive, use these instructions to start One Drive.
Step 1: On the Right side in the Taskbar, there is one drive logo(looks like a cloud), right-click on it.[
Step 2: When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and select Sign in.
Step 3: Then, Click on Create Account, this will take you to the Microsoft cloud storage site. Now, click on Sign in.
Step 4: Now, click on “Create one!” and create your account.
To add another account to OneDrive on Windows 11
If you already have a personal OneDrive account set up, you can also add work or school accounts.
Step 1: Click on the OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar.
Step 2: Now, Click OneDrive Help & Settings. Then, click Settings.
Step 3: In Settings, click on Account, and then, click Add an account.
When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your new account, and then select Sign in.
To remove a OneDrive account from Windows 11
Step 1: Select the OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar.
Step 2: Select OneDrive Help and Settings. Now, click on Settings.
Step 3: In Settings, select Account, and then select Unlink this PC.
How to Add Files in OneDrive
If you wish to add files to your OneDrive. Follow these steps:
- Select the folders you wish to add to OneDrive.
- Open File Explorer.
- You will see the OneDrive folder on the left side of your file explorer window. You should move the folders that you have selected in this OneDrive folder if you wish to add folders to OneDrive.
You can use the above steps to add folders to OneDrive synchronization. You can also create new OneDrive folders.
How to Sync Files in your OneDrive folder?
Follows these steps to sync files from your OneDrive folder:
1. Right-click on the OneDrive icon on your system taskbar.
2. Then, click on settings.
3. Navigate to the Account tab. Click on choose folders. This shows all the folders that are added to your OneDrive folder. Click the checkbox if you wish to sync all the in your OneDrive folder.
Ensure you check the folders you wish to sync and uncheck any folders you don’t want to sync. Unchecked folders will remain on OneDrive but will be deleted from your computer.
Once you’re done, click OK.
How to make a backup of your files and folders in OneDrive?
Once OneDrive has been installed and configured, you can use it for backups of important folders.
1. Right-click on the OneDrive icon in your Windows taskbar and click on settings.
2. Navigate to the Backup tab now.
3. Click on the Manage Backup button. A OneDrive window will pop up, there will be three options available to backup: Desktop, Documents, and folders.
4. Now, Select the folders you wish to back up and click on Start Backup.
OneDrive can be set up to automatically save your videos and photos whenever you connect a smartphone, camera, or another photo-taking device. OneDrive can automatically save your screenshots. You can enable or disable both options by checking the box.
How to share your Files through OneDrive?
You can share your files to let other people view or edit your files. You can also work on files shared with you. Follow the steps below to share your cloud files with anyone:
1. Go to the OneDrive folder.
2. Right-click on the file or folder you wish to share. Then, Click on Share. A link will be generated which you can share across emails, Whats app, and with whatever you want to.
More OneDrive Features:
Simply put OneDrive has a lot more features including the Files On-Demand feature, which can help you browse everything in your OneDrive without taking up space on your device.
There are three File On Demand features:
- Online-only: These files don’t take up space on your device, and they download as you use them.
- On this device: When you open a file, it downloads the file to your device so you can edit it whenever you are online.
- Always available: Right-click on the file and you will have the file downloaded and use it offline.
OneDrive has given a lot of features to its users if you ask me and all these features come in handy sometimes.
Cloud computing is one of the evolving areas in the world where lots of investments are made by different countries. Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and many other companies are heavily investing in cloud gaming technologies. So, it’s time for us to embrace these technologies and appreciate the efforts made by these companies to constantly innovate these technologies.