- You can record your screen in Windows 11 to show off new features or ask questions about specific tasks. You might be curious about the latest Microsoft operating system, Windows 11.
- You can capture your screen in the preview version of Windows 11, whether you want to record gameplay, a presentation, or anything else. You can either use the built-in tools or download third-party programs.
- Windows 11 is still in an early preview stage. These steps are subject to change when Windows 11 is officially released this holiday season. This guide will be updated as necessary in the event of any changes.
Xbox Game Bar
The Xbox Game Bar is the best way to capture your screen in Windows 11. This is Microsoft’s built-in video capture tool for Windows. Although it is primarily designed for gaming, it can also record any open app, so long as you only have one window. If you want to use your microphone while registering, you can do so.
Your computer must support the following encoders to use the Xbox Game bar. These encoders can be enabled on both Intel processors and graphics cards.
These steps will allow you to capture your screen in Windows 11 and the Xbox.
- Start Xbox Game Bar by going to Windows 11 Start Menu and searching for Game Bar. You will see a link in the search results that allows you to enable Xbox Game Bar. Click this link to visit the settings and ensure that the switch is on.
2. Once the Xbox Game Bar has been turned on and With the “Windows + G” keys, you can capture your screen in Windows 11. Make sure you have an open app running in the background. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record your desktop or multiple windows. It only works with one window.
3. After you have pressed the dual-key command, you will see a Record icon in the top-left corner of your screen. The Game Bar will reduce to a minimum and begin recording if you tap it. The Stop button at the top-right can be used to stop the recording. Clicking the Microphone icon will toggle your microphone.
Your recordings will be saved automatically to the Captures folder under Videos in File Explorer.
PowerPoint is another way to record your Windows 11 screen. PowerPoint allows you to record multiple windows simultaneously. To make it work properly, however, you will need to have a Microsoft 365 subscription.
These steps will allow you to capture your screen in Windows 11 using PowerPoint.
Step 1: Open a PowerPoint file, then click on the Insert menu to get started.
Step 2: Next, you will see a Screen Recording option. Click that button to start your recording. You’ll then see a toolbar on the screen.
Step 3: Click the red Record button and select where you wish to record. The recording will start. To end the recording, click Windows + Shift +Q
The recording can be saved by right-clicking the PowerPoint slide and selecting Save Media As. Select the location where you wish to save the file, and you are done!