- By creating a new partition or drive, you can reduce the size of your hard drive and put all files there.
- Windows offers a feature that allows you to hide and unhide drives. Disk management tools and other methods can be used to hide drives. Users aren’t aware of these methods.
- To make your data more secure, you can hide it. It is important for data to be kept private and confidential. This is understandable since other people can also use the same system.
- You can create a partition to store your data. To keep your data secure and private, you can hide the drive. Even if you use the command prompt, no one can access the hidden drive.
- Users can hide the partition or hidden drive by using various methods to feel confident that their data is safe from unauthorized hands.
Method 1: Hide or Unhide the Volume Drive in Windows 11
Step to hide or unhide hard drive in windows 11 or other versions of windows steps given below :-
Step 1 : First go to start.
Step 2 : Then, search computer management on search bar.
Step 1 : Open the Run dialog box from the Start menu. Or, you can press “Window + R” to open the RUN window.
Step 2 : To open Disk Management, type “diskmgmt. msc” and hit the enter key.
Step 3 : Select the Drive you wish to hide, and then right-click it. Next, select “Change Drive Letters & Paths.”
Step 4 : Click on the Remove button and select Drive.
Step 5 : click on yes
Step 6 : click on yes
The selected Drive will be hidden if you follow the steps above.
How to unhide the drive:
Step 1: Disk Management allows you to unhide your Drive
Step 2 : To open Run Windows, press the “Windows + R” key.
Step 3 : Enter “diskmgmt. msc”, and hit the enter key.
Step 4 : Right-click the Drive you wish to hide and select Change Drive Letters or Paths.
Step 5 : The “Change Drive Letters and Paths for New Volume” window will open. Click on the Add button.
Step 6 : Click OK to add a new drive path or letter.