- Windows 10 has been providing updates regularly these days. If you are finishing up your important work and suddenly you are asked to update your Windows for example. It can really be frustrating at that time, all your important files could be lost.
- Windows 10 is programed to download and install Windows updates automatically by default. However, this causes obstruction in performing regular tasks. Windows updation files are large, it takes fare amount time to download and install these files.
- You can pause or delay the updation process until all your important work is done. Windows updates also sometimes comes with a lot of bugs, and can sometimes unknowingly install malwares along with installation files. However, if a necessary update comes in while you are working, you can delay the update for the time you wish for.
How to stop the update in progress?
Windows 10 update is difficult to stop after it has been started and shows a blue screen with a
percentage pie. This can cause troubles and effect the performance of your PC . However, the
update can be stopped from installing when the process begins or is about to start.
- Open the Start menu and search ‘Services‘ by typing it in the bottom’s search bar.
- Once the option shows up, right-click on Services and choose Run as Administrator.
- Next, when the dialogue box with several services opens up; choose the Windows
- This can be stopped by clicking on it and then choosing the ‘Stop’ option from the menu
on the left side.
- This process can also be done by right-clicking on the service and eventually
choosing the Stop option.
- Lastly, a small dialogue box with the progress bar will appear to notify the user about
the time required to stop the service.
- Once it is done, the bar will be completely green, and the dialogue box will close.
Steps to stop Windows 10 automatic maintenance
- Open up the Start Menu and search for ‘Control Panel.‘ Once found, click on it and open
- After the opening of ‘Control Panel,’ open up ‘System and Security‘ and wait for the new menu
- Next, select the ‘Security and Maintenance‘ option to proceed further.
- Find the option to expand settings and then take a look at the advanced settings options
in the given menu.
- Now, click on the ‘Stop Maintenance‘ button to stop the Automatic
maintenance for Windows 10.
- This will complete the process of eliminating the automatic maintenance enabled by
default in the system.
Other ways to Stop Windows 10 updates
There are many other ways to stop Windows 10 updates in the system to avoid any loss
or hampering to the work while performing an important task.
- The professional methods include changing the configuration and manipulating the administrative templates.
- But the easiest and most convenient of all are the ones listed above. Windows rolls out updates
to aid the user’s experience, but this update can also cause problems if it installs when someone